CRAFTSMEN IN DEMAND –
JOIN THE PRELUDE STONE TEAM
We work across London and the South-East with stone, stucco, brick and all related materials on projects from heritage restoration and conservation to cutting-edge new build.
As specialists, we operate as both a main contractor and subcontractor, depending upon the project. Either way, we are always looking for skilled individuals and teams to work with us.
If, therefore, you can offer highly skilled and quality craftsmanship in one or more of the following, please get in touch…
Skills in Demand
– Traditional, gauged and artisan pointing to old and/or new buildings
– Replacement of standard, gauged and moulded special bricks
– Colour toning
– Soot washing
– Including consolidation, shelter coating and lime washing
– Repair works using recognised materials: Fosroc, Ronacrete etc.
- Stone Cladding
– Installation of structural and non-structural natural stone cladding
- Internal Ceramic Tiling
– Marble, granite, natural stone and man-made composites e.g. Silestone
– Repair, restoration and replacement
– Limestone, sandstone…
– Pre-cast and reconstituted stone
- Non-invasive Stone Cleaning
– Including Nebulous Water Sprays; Chemical Cleaning Agents; Chemical Paint Stripping; Poultices; JOS (TORC), DOFF, ThermaTech and IBIX
– Repair, restoration and replacement, especially large scale
– Repair, replacement and installation
- Architectural terracotta and faience
– Repair, replacement and installation
How to Get in Touch
If you have any questions about working with us or would like to put yourself or your Company forward for any of the opportunities outlined above, please e-mail Ann Purt our Business Development Manager (email@example.com) to get things rolling.
Please include details of your experience, qualifications and accreditations. If you have printed literature that can’t be accessed electronically , please send it to Ann at: Prelude Stone ltd., 1 The Courtyard, Market Square, Westerham, Kent TN16 1AZ.
We will reply promptly to all enquiries and arrange a meeting as appropriate.
As we work to the highest standards of care, professionalism and craftsmanship, we ask the same of all those who work with us. That means we’re looking for people and Companies with whom we can form long-term working relationships.
Our ethos, outlined below, has not changed in over 30 years. We ask our Partners for the same commitment to service, quality and professionalism:
- Maintain the highest standards of care and craftsmanship at all times
- Honour all agreed work schedules.
– We arrive promptly
– We never compromise a project by pulling people off it to work on another
- Wear either our own or the main contractor’s PPE as required
- Ensure the Team and their transport & tools are clean, presentable and perfectly maintained
- We comply fully with all relevant H&S, site safety and risk assessment legislation
- We ensure our Team’s always properly kitted out according to the site regulations
We don’t accommodate Red Cards
- All our Site Workers carry a current DBS – essential for work in educational establishments and private homes (this is not a prerequisite at this stage, but is mandatory once we’re working together)
Our Partners enjoy the benefits of:
- Fair, competitive rates of remuneration
- Prompt payment according to contract
- Early opportunities to quote for work from our growing order book
Mutual respect may be a bit old fashioned, but it’s always worked for us and if that’s how you like to work too and have the necessary skills, we want to hear from you.
Many of our projects require the involvement of other specialist crafts, enabling us to offer an all-inclusive service. These include:
- Bench and site joiners
- Heritage glaziers and restorers
- Lead workers
- Traditional roofers
If you would like to work with us us, please send Ann details of your experience and expertise. We will reply to you promptly and advise immediately when relevant work is in the pipeline.
We are also looking for Contract Managers, especially those with experience of projects involving heritage stone restoration and/or modern applications of stone and related materials.
If you are interested, please attach your full CV and salary expectations when you contact Ann.
Prelude Stone is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer.