Reigate Priory Junior School

Reigate Priory was founded around 1235 and remained a centre of worship unit it was dissolved by Henry VIII in 1536. It was the home of the Howard family from 1541 to 1681 when it was sold to John Parsons, a brewer, MP and Lord Mayor of London. In 1766 ownership passed to a cheesemonger, Richard Ireland. Around 1770, the west wing was devastated by fire. The need for major repairs allowed for remodelling and the creation of its Georgian facade. But many original features remain. It stayed in private hands until 1945 when it was purchased by Reigate Borough Council. It has been a State School since 1948.
We have been helping to restore and conserve this historically and architecturally important building for XX years with the latest project seeing us work on its exterior…
Listed Status
Client
Brief
Method
Project Specifications